“When you’re BROKE and ain’t got nothing, you get excited when a stranger calls, offering you something that would give you MORE than you think you have! It’s hard to resist an offer of $5000 a year when you can’t even afford to go see a movie anymore. And remember, Tempra, the government has been giving out a whole bunch of money to rich people and to people who just show up somewhere to get it! So, it SEEMED to me like my prayers were being answered when they called me to give me some money, too!”Senior Citizen client with a fixed income
My team at Tempra Insurance and I get at least 5 phone calls, like this one, every day! Your parents, friends, church members, and neighbors are inundated with commercials, mail, and phone calls from strangers who insist to be from government agencies or from those companies that those actors on TV (you know the ones) represent. Those strangers tell them that ALL your loved one needs to do is give a little bit of information and they will get up to $5000/year in return!
*cha-ching* 🤑 *JACKPOT!*
This sounds like a great opportunity for people who have to make a lot of BIG decisions with very little money and no way to earn more, right?!
Truth is, many “financial gurus” are sending the message to young Americans,
to NOT invest in insurance, disability, or long-term healthcare planning
BECAUSE they are going to become millionaires and “be self-insured” by their retirement years! Those same gurus recommend that working Americans WAIT until after they are retired (typically between ages 58-70) to discuss or purchase insurance that will protect their assets through the aging process.
Working Americans believe the message and await that glorious day — with delight! Here is the problem: they have no understanding of, nor the ability to see firsthand, the harsh realities that newly retired people often face. To make a long story short — New retirees are realizing that the grass isn’t greener…
Here are just a few of their realities:
- Retirement planning is NOT affordable for a person who is no longer working.
- Pensions are no longer available, or are not as well funded as employees thought they would be!
- Social Security is NOT equivalent to our paycheck amount. In fact, it is typically less than one-half of our income!
- Retirement Plans (401k, 403b, IRA, & other market-related plans) are not performing as well as expected, and the income will not be as great nor last as long as anticipated.
- Working while collecting Social Security can cause unexpected tax complications.
- Spouses who keep their “dependent benefits” are often overpaying! But, because they have been “dependent” for so long, they are too scared to make a change and tend to go broke a lot faster.
- Nursing Home Care is NOT free — No matter what your parents or neighbors were able to get away with!
- Advertisements and telemarketers will offer perks to entice consumers to easily share their protected information.
Thank you for taking the time to read about the unexpected future. Our goal, always, is to keep you informed of what our elders are going through and to encourage you to do better for yourself and your family!
Today is the PERFECT DAY for you to learn more about what you need to save for the future and how you can do so with LESS MONEY!
Click on this link and enroll in our webinar. It will be the best 20 minutes of your week! Complete the questionnaire and make the time to work with my team to build YOUR best plan for personal success!